The entry to the Auschwitz I site will be exclusively on a guided, group basis from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. during the period from April 1 to October 31, 2014. This not apply to the grounds of the former Auschwitz II-Birkenau.
For individuals, we are offering a special opportunity to join others in “tours” of the Memorial during these hours. There will be no change to the way the organized groups visit the Museum.
Fee for guided tours for individuals in groups:
Polish language: 25 zloty (reduced fee: 20 zloty)
Other languages: 40 zloty (reduced fee: 30 zloty)
• Tickets for individual visitors are not subjected to reservation and can be purchased only at the Memorial
• Time of the visit: 4 hours
• Fee includes a visit of the Auschwitz I and Auschwitz II-Birkenau sites with a guide, headphone rental and transportation to and from Birkenau
• Reduced fee: students up to 26 years of age
Groups in English:
April and October: every hour between 10.30 a.m. and 3.30 p.m. (ATTENTION: in spite of 27 and 28 of April)
May-September: every hour between 9.30 a.m. - 3.30 p.m.
Groups in Polish:
April-June, October: every hour between 10 a.m.-3 p.m. (ATTENTION: in spite of 27 and 28 of April) Groups in German and French:
July-September: every 30 minutes between 9.30 a.m. - 3 p.m.
April, October: 11:45 a.m. (ATTENTION: in spite of 27 and 28 of April)
May-September: 10.45 a.m., 12.15 p.m., 1.45 p.m.
Groups in Italian and Spanish:
April, October: 12.00 noon (ATTENTION: in spite of 27 and 28 of April)
May-September: 10.30 a.m., 12.00 noon, 1.30 p.m. (Italian) / 10.30 a.m., 12.30 p.m., 2.30 p.m. (Spanish)
Groups in Czech and Slovak
July and August: 10.00 a.m., 12.00 noon, 2 p.m. (Czech) / 11.00 a.m., 1:00 p.m. (Slovak) If needed groups will also be created with the guide speaking Russian, Swedish, Serbian, Chroatian, Japanese and Hungarian. (ATTENTION: in spite of 27 and 28 of April)
Those who wish to visit the Memorial without a guide may enter the Auschwitz I site at non-peak hours, before 10:00 a.m. or after 3:00 p.m. Those who arrive for individual visits during the peak hours may prefer to begin their visits at the Auschwitz II-Birkenau site, where the new procedures do not apply. A free shuttle bus runs between Auschwitz I and Auschwitz II.
The Memorial is open until 7:00 p.m. in June, July August, until 6:00 p.m. in May and September and until 5:00 p.m. in April and October.
• Larger luggage must be left in the vehicle or in the left-luggage office at the visitor center
• During the visit you can also watch the documentary film (receipt is the ticket, number of seats limited)
• see also: rules for visiting
PLEASE NOTICE! Guided Tours for Individual Visitors to March 31st, 2014.