• Admission to the grounds of the Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial is free of charge. The fees are charged for engaging a guide. Visitors in groups are required to engage an Auschwitz Memorial guide.
• The grounds and buildings of the Auschwitz I and Auschwitz II-Birkenau camps are open to visitors. The duration of a visit is determined solely by the individual interests and needs of the visitors. As a minimum, however, at least three-and-a-half hours should be reserved.
• Taking pictures on the grounds of the State Museum Auschwitz-Birkenau in Oświęcim for own purposes, without use of a flash and stands, is allowed for exceptions of hall with the hairs of Victims (block nr 4) and the basements of block nr 11. Material may be used only in undertakings and projects that do not impugn or violate the good name of the Victims of Auschwitz Concentration Camp.
Photography and filming on the Museum grounds for commercial purposes require prior approval by the Museum.
• The exhibition in Block 27 "The Martyrdom, Struggle and Distruction of the Jews in Europe from 1933 to 1945" is closed due to the preparation of the new exhibition. The Hall of Remembrance will be available, on prior arrangement, for Jewish groups visiting the Auschwitz Memorial.
- Admission to the grounds of the Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial is free of charge. The fees are charged only for engaging a guide, renting a headphone guiding system (only for groups more than ten people) and watching a documentary movie
- Guides. Visitors in groups are required to engage an Auschwitz Memorial guide; individual visitors may also engage a guide. For them we offer organized tours.
- Groups of more than 10 people are required to hire a headphone guiding system – rental: 5 zlotys per person
- For statistical purposes, please inform the information point about the number of visitors in your party and their country of origin
- Watch tower in Birkenau is available only for groups accompanied by a guide. Groups of no more than 30 visitors can go up at one time. Accessibility hours - May: 9-17; June, July, August: 9-19; September: 9-18; October: 9-17; November: 10-16; December: 10-15
- It is not recommended that children under 14 visit the Memorial
While on the grounds of the Museum,
you are required to observe
the appropriate solemnity